Chance of a Thunderstorm73°/37°
Air Conditioning Repair Dayton
Dayton summers can be unpredictable, but our air conditioning repair experts at Butler Heating and Air Conditioning are one thing you can count on. We are known as the “Home of the Dependables” for one very good reason: You can count on us 24/7; 365 days a year to offer the same great furnace or air conditioning repair and service you need to stay comfortable. When you need air conditioning repairs in Dayton, you can depend on us for service on most makes and models of air conditioners, heat pumps, mini-split systems or room air conditioners.
Annual cleaning is necessary to keep your investment working properly and efficiently. Our air conditioning repair experts recommend a spring maintenance agreement, along with a coil cleaning, as the perfect way to get you ready for summer and ease the strain on your wallet. We also recommend the following tips to keep your air conditioning unit running as efficiently as possible.
Energy Efficiency Tips
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Seal air ducts.
- Insulate attic and drafty areas.
- Choose the right equipment (size of unit, cooling/ heating capacity, brand names, etc.).
- Change your filter(s).
- Cut down a 3 foot area around outdoor unit & do not store items around it.
- Clean your coil.
- Leave blinds down in rooms to block sunlight.
- Leave your unit running if the temp gets 90 degrees or above.
- Turn out the lights.
- Use ceiling fans.
- Never cover your running unit.
Before You Call
NO COOL/NO HEAT
- Check the setting on your thermostat. Make sure the temperature control selector is set below room temperature and the system is set to Cool/Heat or Auto.
- Try to get the unit to turn on by lowering the thermostat to its lowest (cooling)/highest (heating) setting.
- Check your filter. An extremely dirty filter can block air flow.
- Make sure all registers are open and not obstructed.
- Check the power disconnect switch by each unit.
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for both the indoor and outdoor unit.
- If the problem persists, please call us.
- Gas Furnace- Check to make sure the gas valve to the furnace is open.
- Gas Furnace- Check the pilot light. (Electronic ignitions will not have a pilot.)
- Oil Furnace- Check to make sure you have fuel oil.
Additionally, Butler Heating and Air Conditioning is a certified DP&L HVAC tune-up provider. Contact Us Today! Call 937-253-8871937-253-8871 to learn more about our air conditioning repair services.
Back to Dayton Air Conditioning.